Thursday, November 11, 2010

Five Months!


I can't believe my little man is five months old today!  Time is going by so fast.  In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday when I was calling Derek at work and telling him my water had broken...In other ways it seems like we've had Davis forever; I can't imagine our life before baby anymore. 

We celebrated D's five-month birthday by getting up at 5:00 am...seemed appropriate to him, I guess.  He always seems to be gassy around 5:00 or so, but usually is able to get back to sleep.  Today he was ready to start partying early. 

One of Davis's new favorite toys is a red plastic disposable cup.  (You can find them at your local Wal-Mart or grocery store and they are cheap!)  He loves to gnaw on the side of it and hold it with both hands.  He's doing great with holding his head up while lying on his tummy now, and he looks like such a big boy when he's in this position.  I can just picture him lying like this and watching cartoons in a couple years.  He is even sitting up independently for a few seconds before he tips over.  He is making more and more sounds and different types of vocalizations, and his favorite place to chat is on the changing table.  He still needs to learn not to talk with his mouth full, though...last night he had his whole foot in his mouth and was carrying on the best conversation with me. 

Today is Veteran's Day and I'm feeling extremely grateful for those who have served our country.  I'm especially thankful for my Dad and for my husband, who have both served in the military.

Today's lesson:  Screened-in porch + music (+ 66 degree weather) = stress relief.....Yesterday afternoon Davis and I were both feeling a little fussy, so we went out to the back porch to relax and listen to some music.  He sat in his swing and I sat in my rocking chair and we immediately felt much better!  Our feel-good song of the day was "No One" by Alecia Keys...great song!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song! It is still a go-to on my i-pod when I want to just sing along and feel happy. Glad to have this blog to keep up with you and the Fox boys. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete