Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Aboard the Blogging Bandwagon!

Well, I've finally succumbed to the peer pressure...I'm starting a blog.  And here's what really pushed me over the edge:  The other night, I was attempting to write a little in Davis's baby book and already I was forgetting things!  He's not even five months old yet and I couldn't remember exactly when some of his little milestones had occurred.  I'm hoping that if I try to set aside a few minutes to blog every couple of days then maybe we will have a better record of what's happened with our sweet little boy and with our family in general.  Time is flying by so fast, and I don't want to forget a single thing.  Also, I think it might be nice for some of our family and friends to get a glimpse into our daily life with Davis since we don't have nearly enough time to visit with all of our loved ones.

A little bit about us...My name is Leah and I am currently staying at home with my almost five-month-old son, Davis.  I taught Pre-K Special Education for six years and decided to take a year's leave of absence to be with the little one as much as possible.  I'm so happy I made this decision, as this has been the happiest time of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I feel like I'm doing exactly what I was meant to do, and I have a loving and supportive husband who makes my new "job" so much fun each day (and who doesn't seem to mind seeing me in my pajamas most of the time).  I can honestly say that I am enjoying every minute of being a mother and I'm not taking any of it for granted.  We have been blessed with an awesome family and friends, and a healthy, happy, perfect baby boy.  Life is good.  My husband, Derek, works at Pepsi Bottling Ventures in Garner, NC where we live.  He is working on the second shift, which works out great for our family right now.  We get to have some good family time in the mornings and eat lunch together before Derek heads out to work each day.

I don't have time to post much more right now, as my little Velcro baby has had enough "alone time" playing on the floor two feet away from me.  I do, however, want to end each post with a "Lesson" or a "Confession" (I thought of this while walking around the neighborhood yesterday) because I think it's important to learn something new everyday, and it's also important to admit it when I've made a mistake or just completely goofed up on something--and it's funny to read later, after the initial shame and embarrassment have worn off.

Today I'll share a lesson I learned yesterday:  Always, always check each of your husband's pockets thoroughly before washing and drying them (dang cargo pants!).  I'll be spending a good hour of my day scraping Trident gum off of the inside of the dryer.

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Leah! I love blogging but have lost the discipline this past year. Still, I always get back to it eventually! (www.hollyandtheboys.blogspot.com) I am so glad you are doing this and will definitely be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Super cute. And uhh yeah - I learn that same lesson at least once a month! Boys and their pockets - why is it so hard for them to clean them out before putting them in the dirty clothes and why is it so hard for me to remember to check them before putting them in the wash?! Oh the joys of laundry. :)

    ReplyDelete