Friday, November 19, 2010

Davis has a new BFF!

Don't have too much to say today, except that Davis is doing awesome!  I think he is even starting to come out of his anti-social shell a little bit!  The past few times we've had visitors he has been super-friendly and hasn't given anyone the "What are YOU doing here?" looks.  He's even been happy to be held by someone other than Derek or me.  We also went to a little get-together last night and he seemed very comfortable with all the new faces and voices.  On that note, I think Davis has a best friend for life:  Sadie (the dog).  He loves to reach out and touch her and have her lick his hand.  He watches her constantly and loves to chase her around the back yard with Daddy's help.  The other day, Derek was having Davis bounce around the yard and "get Sadie".  I could hear Davis squealing with delight from inside the house!  Luckily, Sadie likes him, too.  She's a little on the hyper side, but she's really sweet and gentle with D. 

Here are a few recent pictures...
Davis with his "sleepy eyes" first thing in the morning
In his "big boy" outfit

The car is a happy place...as long as Mommy is sitting next to him in the back seat.

"Okay, Sadie, that's a tad to close."

 Today's confession...I'm living in fear of a five-month-old...well, in fear of waking him up.  Unless he is being held, Davis is such a light sleeper that Derek and I find ourselves in almost silence every time he goes to sleep.  I know that everyone says not to get your baby accustomed to sleeping in silence, but when your baby wakes up to the sound of your knife touching your plate, you adapt.  He could go to sleep in the middle of a hurricane (or a Hicks family reunion, which is almost as noisy), but if we're at home and a cabinet door squeaks or someone coughs, you can forget about it.  If I wake up before Davis, I won't even brush my teeth in the bathroom across the hall for fear of my electric toothbrush waking him up.  Oh well, you do what you gotta do.  Maybe we'll hire a bunch of people to come into our house and make noise all the time since that seems to be what he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment