Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mud

For the past couple of weeks I have thought of several things I'd like to blog about:  adjusting to life at home with two children; the hand-food-mouth virus that Davis acquired and that has ruled our house for the past week; the wonderful help we've had from two awesome grandmothers (Nana has been with us since Monday and my mom is coming back to help the day after tomorrow--we are all so spoiled now!); Reece's first "real" outing to the farmer's market; etc...

But, I think I will write about mud today.  Nothing makes me happier than to see my boy find such joy in such a simple, natural thing.  Yesterday evening Davis had lots of silly energy.  Thank goodness, the rain had gone away and we were able to get him outside for a while.  He quickly discovered some cool mud puddles and, not surprisingly, made the most of them.  After a solid week of way too much time inside, way too much television, and way too much sickness and worry that Reece would get sick, we have been happy and relieved to get out a little.

Sidewalk chalk and a puddle, a natural combination

Proud of himself after his mud bath

What a little boy's feet should look like as often as possible

Early morning iPad session with Nana...and yes, Davis is eating an Oreo before breakfast

So far, the "calm one"




No comments:

Post a Comment