Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summertime

A lot has happened since my last post!  Davis turned the big 0-1, and our garden actually produced food!  I'm not sure which is the bigger accomplishment, but I've really never been good at keeping plants alive.  Luckily, Derek has been vice president in charge of keeping the garden growing.  (In case you were wondering, I'm president, which means I just oversee daily operations and make executive decisions like which cucumbers need to be picked.)

We had a nice little birthday party for Davis with our family complete with cake, presents, and some baby pool action.  Davis isn't a fan of cake, which leads me to believe he must not be my biological child....maybe he will grow into his sweet tooth?  For now, he's happy eating black beans, cheese, corn, strawberries, and cucumbers in vinegar.  He also really likes Pirate's Booty, a yummy snack introduced to us by my cousin, Anna.  

And speaking of Anna, we got to hang out with her and cousin Sawyer the other day at Sawyer's big brother Jackson's baseball game.  It's so neat watching them start to interact with each other (they are six days apart in age), even though much of their interaction consists of practicing "sharing" toys.  Toddler battles are interesting to watch!  I'm so glad they will get to grow up together and have a friend in each other.

Here are a few recent pictures...

Sampling the birthday cake, just to make us all happy

Smiling at his best friend, Sadie

The twins takin' it easy after a long, hot day outside

The bees like my flowers!

And so do the butterflies!


Pretty butterfly on our patio out back

Trying to stay cool

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering when you were going to update again;-) I love the pictures, especially the butterflies and the "twins" pictures.

    ReplyDelete