Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Firsts

The past couple of weeks have included a lot of firsts around here.  I'll just share a couple, since you might not want to hear that Davis ate his first piece of dog food--did I say that out loud?

Davis went to his first baseball game, a Mudcats game, on his first Easter Sunday.  That same day, he had his first experience with the water hose outside.  He loved having me spray his feet so much that I eventually just gave him the hose.  He had a ball holding it and slurping up the water.


This mama made her first "real" bread (the kind with yeast that you have to wait for all day long).  I've made lots of dessert-y type breads that are really more like cake, but this has been a new experience for me.  So far I've made a regular white bread and an oatmeal bread.  Thanks to my trusty mixer, a birthday present from my favorite husband, my lazy butt didn't even have to knead it.  Hopefully I can figure out how to make bread that tastes like macaroni and cheese but contains every vitamin and mineral you need for the day.  Davis has already decided that most vegetables are gross.

Oatmeal bread...yum

No comments:

Post a Comment