Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Weather

Last week we had lots of very hot, humid weather.  Over the past couple of days we've had some great rain, which kept us indoors more than we'd like.  Yesterday evening the boys and I got out in the backyard and they created a "flash flood" in their sand/dirt box.  (Can you tell Davis has heard about flash flood warnings several times lately?)  While I was enjoying the cooler temperatures, the boys were playing with water like it was 90 degrees.  Fortunately, I stopped taking pictures when their clothes came off.  The fun they had was totally worth the muddy footprints through the house, slightly elevated water bill, and bathtub that needs a good scrubbing.







The rain brought with it renewed life in some of our plants.

And a nice cucumber that we will certainly eat for lunch today.  The weeds have definitely taken off as well!

Basil is still looking great.  Cucumbers and basil can now be added to the short list of plants I can keep alive.

This is the hydrangea that I almost gave up on.  It looked completely dead until a few weeks ago when this green starting appearing.  I'm glad Derek convinced me not to dig it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment