Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Fall, Y'all

It finally feels and seems like fall around here.  The cooler temperatures have been wonderful, and it's hard to believe the fair and the pumpkin patch are just around the corner.  I guess I need to get my fall stuff out of the attic before it's already time to get out the Christmas stuff!

Last Friday, the boys and I went with my mom to the Southern Ideal Home Show at the fairgrounds.  Davis had so much fun running around the place and he got lots of free stuff, which is always a bonus.  He really loved climbing up in the Bobcat and I think he wants one for Christmas.  So does Derek.


Over the weekend, Derek and Davis planted mums and pansies.  Reece and I weeded , blew leaves, and watched the big boys work.


Nana and Ms. Jackie came by the house to see us and Ms. Jackie brought Davis a pumpkin, which he painted on Saturday night.


On Sunday Davis helped Daddy mow the front yard.  We tried to get him to "help" by riding on Derek's back in the carrier, but he wasn't having it.  He wanted to "really" help, so he used his lawn mower and was pretty happy with that arrangement.


On Monday Davis got some new pebbles in his sensory bin.  He likes using his heavy machinery to move the rocks around.  He also likes dumping the rocks on the floor.  Thank goodness for the shop vac.



Davis' independent spirit is in full force lately.  He wants to do everything "all by myself" and I often hear Derek muttering, "Little Leah" under his breath when he's trying to help Davis do something.  Independence and stubbornness will take him far in life I'm sure, but it's sometimes hard to remember that when you're trying to get out the door on time or when you know a huge mess is about to be made.  I guess it's a good reminder to all of us to see the bigger picture and to slow down and enjoy the moment.  I love this little dude's personality and he definitely keeps us on our toes!



No comments:

Post a Comment