Thursday, August 16, 2012

Davis-isms

I walked into my bedroom the other day while Davis was watching TV and he says to me, "Mommy, my sad."  I asked him, "Why are you sad, Davis?"  (Insert at least two dramatic sighs and pouty lip faces.)  He answered, "No 'Mike the Knight'."  Apparently the wrong television show can really mess up your day.

This morning D told me, "My sick.  Need messicine."  I asked, "What hurts, Davis?"  After a long pause, he said, "Me.  My hurt."

Another cute thing...A few days ago, I was wearing Reece around the backyard while D was playing.  I decided to get out the leaf blower and clean off the patio.  Davis asked, "Mommy, what this thing do?"  I explained the concept behind a leaf blower.  After trying to get it started a few times and not succeeding, I gave up and put it back in the shed.  When I came back out, Davis said, "Not workin'.  Daddy fix it."  Well if that didn't motivate me to go back in there and make the dang thing work!

Davis' language is developing so well!  He has some articulation issues, but they are adorable so I'm in no hurry for him to speak perfect English.  Davis-ese is working just fine at the moment.  As for Reece and his development, in the words of big brother Davis, "Baby Reece tute."  "Baby Reece crynin'."  "Baby Reece need paci."  "Baby Reece pit up."  "Baby Reece happy."  "Baby Reece talkin'."  "My kiss 'em?"  "My hold 'em?"


1 comment:

  1. I think I said "awwwwwww!" at least 50 times when reading this. :) Precious.

    ReplyDelete