Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day, The Beach, and Conversion...

...Three seemingly different topics, I know.  But the thing they have in common is that they have all happened to us in the past couple of weeks.

We had a great Valentine's Day around here, especially me!  That morning when Derek woke up he asked me to check the calendar on my phone.  It said "Massage appointment"!!!  I was thrilled to go and enjoy a nice 1-hour massage all by myself.  Davis got a brand new rubber teether (kind of like Sophie the Giraffe, but he looks like an alien or something) and a walker.  Right now he uses it more as a "sitter".  You have to get him real excited to get him mobile in it.  He still isn't quite used to it, but we haven't used it very much either.  He'll probably be walking by himself before he figures that thing out.

Davis also went to the beach for the third time last week.  We went to Carolina Beach with my dad, and my brother was also there.  We had a good, relaxing time and want to go back soon (like right now) and bring Daddy next time.

Aaaand it's official.  We have been converted.  Derek used his Christmas money and finally bought us a Mac yesterday.  I LOVE it!  The best thing about it so far is that you press the button and it just comes on!  You don't have stuff loading forever and ever and it seems to be really user-friendly.  Plus, the monitor is gigantic and there are very few cords, which is a big plus for me.  Unfortunately, I still need to load our pictures onto it, so I'll post some beach pictures soon!

1 comment: